Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Spur-of-the-moment" Baby Hat

I remember seeing a very nice ruffled baby hat pattern online somewhere but couldn’t find that link anymore, so I decided to make up my own. This is actually very simple and will only take about an hour to make… an excellent project for that last minute shower gift or just to use up your leftover yarn.

ETA: Thanks to Ravelry, I finally found the original hat pattern that inspired me to making these. And this is definitely a copycat version of the Lilly Hat by Larissa Brown, so I'll just be keeping my pattern notes up here for those who wishes to adapt her design for larger sizes or at different gauges.

Ruffled Baby Hat


Size shown: Newborn - 6 Months
(approx 14.5" head circumference)

Yarn: Less than 1 skein of Knitpicks Andean Silk in Barn Red
and scraps of DK wool in Lt Green

Needles:
US #7/4.5mm dpns and circulars; 4.0mm crochet needles

See the pdf here and have fun!


12 comments:

Unknown said...

What an adorable hat! Thanks for the pattern!

handknit168 said...

wonderful, you write up the pattern.

mona said...

That is soooooo cute!! Got to make one for my niece soon

Mimi said...

That's a lovely hat! I like the ruffled border, very cute!

yumyumredbean said...

That's a great idea for one skein wonder and so darling, too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you , This pattern is beautiful.

sandy b said...

Thanks for the pattern. I have to go to a baby shower in a week and it is the perfect little hat to make!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the pattern. I am a beginning knitter and this was easy for me to do except I didn't realize when you knit in the round you already have stockinette stitch. I was alternating purl and knit stitches. I know more advanced people would know that, but you might want to add that little note in your directions based on people using circular needles vs. double pointed needles. Thanks again!

Kimberly said...

ADORABLE hat - I'm going to have to knit one for our DD! TFS the pattern!!

Unknown said...

I can't get the pattern to download. What amI doing wrong? Thanks!

Maryann said...

Hi Patty, I'm not sure what went wrong but if you leave me your email, I can send you the pdf directly. Cheers.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the pattern, it is so cute. Can't wait to make a few for friends and family!