Monday, June 05, 2006

Mommy wants my new Clappy!

Mom is visiting us from Singapore and she fell in love with my new Clappy-in-progress. The cottony yarn will be so perfect for her in tropical Lion City and I'm so glad she likes this. I'll be in full gear to finish it for her... so all my others projects will have to wait.

The
Diagonal Ribs Sweater is coming along nicely and quickly... I have reached the armhole but my row gauge was off... Can easily do one more repeat but not sure if I could afford the extra yardage... maybe working the sleeves in the round and making them slightly slimmer could make up for the yarn... Well, guess I'll worry about that later...

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I think you'll finish your clappy really fast as you have a special and happy customer waiting for it!

Hope you have enough yarn for your Diagonal Ribs, I am often running out of yarn!

handknit168 said...

Knitting cable is a tough task. Go ahead and work head.

Anonymous said...

The ribs and cables really pop out in that yarn. Maybe you could get the desired dimensions with some persuasive blocking. :)

opportunityknits said...

Oh yes, Clapotis in cottony yarn will be perfect for your mum. I happen to know because I have a cotton one too.
Those ribs are looking so luscious in that yarn. By the way, just a gentle reminder that when you block it out, the knitting will shorten a little more :)