Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello Mojo

The weather is finally cooling down, and knitting's back on the needles! There are endless queue of things on my ravelry but I have had my fair share of knitting accidents in the past months, and just got to get these UFOs sorted out first before I can knit happy again.

Here's the embossed leaves sock started in February with the Regia Silk that have been previously frogged and overdyed. It was almost forgotten until I saw Joy’s recent pair and finally digged it out of the bottom piles. The half-done sock is not only tight-ish, there’s a silly mistake whereby I did the first few rows twice on the third lace repeat before starting the heel…


The Japanese Diagonal Cables is another heartbreaker… (sorry no pics yet but you can see Siow Chin's version here). The construction is certainly interesting and the chart is clear but you really must concentrate! And that is hard when most of my knitting is done while on the move these days, which means my counting is out more often than not… The project has been restarted at least 6 times before I thought I’m finally making some steady progress… and then I realized that it was worked on the wrong needles, I've used 4.0mm instead of 4.5mm… Shame, shame!

So how about some mindless garter stitches? Boo! I’ve inadvertently missed out the first sleeve increase on my Baby Surprise Jacket and knitted on blindly until…


And what else? This Piggle hat intended for Jasmine is turning out baby-sized, so maybe I'll keep it for another baby and start up a new one for her. There’s also a mini-pink Sahara that I’ve casted on in Rowan Handknit Cotton but having second thoughts on the yarn choice... well, it doesn’t seem right for the weather now anyway.


My very long-time UFOs, the Baby Trellis started on the beach last year, and the Jawbreaker Cardigan in Araucania Nature Cotton both need to be taken apart. And by the way, my Lady Eleanor stole has gone “missing” for almost half a year now and still nowhere to be found…

Anyway, sorry to have bored you with all these ughish projects... I will be finishing up my Noro Kureyon socks tonight, and do have a few other unblogged FOs to show you next time.

Well, see you all soon and happy winter knitting!

6 comments:

Bryony Ramsden said...

There is therapy in blogging about bad/mad/sad projects :) Use this to help feel better. But even with mistakes, there is some gorgeous knitting there!

Sue said...

I agree, all gorgeous knits even with your mistakes you mentioned. We do all do those you know, just some of us dont always blog about them. It must feel very invigorating to get them listed so you can tick them off once they are finished.

Jane said...

Love that socks!

Jackie said...

Merry Christmas to you, enjoys !!

emy said...

Babe, having to run into mistakes isn't just an issue to you -- I have been having such bad runs lately that I just wanted to kill myself!

Unknown said...

Wow, that diagonal cable knit sleevless sweater looks increadibly difficult - but so gorgeous! I wish there was a pattern for it in english! I know what you mean about on-the-go knitting. I'm guilty of sock knitting during red lights in the car - I promise I put the needles down when it turns green though :)