Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What a Nice Day!

It's such a nice warm day - perfect for a stroll at the park. After all the CNY rushes, shoppings and gatherings, we are so happy to spend a quiet relaxing afternoon with baby.

And I also managed to cast on my first new year project. It's a very simple 2x2 rib scarf, made with a designer wool slub yarn. It's a very beautiful color but difficult to capture the true color with my digicam. This photo, taken under the sun, is a bit too orangy. Actually it is a more muted maroon with a traces of dark purple and gold, giving the yarn a very interesting depth and sheen.

I have made a wool soaker out of this yarn and really liked it. The pattern is my own design... it's still a little too big for my 4-month old. Will see how it fits her and share the pattern later. These 2 pics taken indoor with flashes makes the yarn looks brighter than actual.

Got to go now... will be back later to post my 2005 FOs. :o)

No comments: