Will update my knitting progress soon but for now, please let me introduce you to Rising Star Outreach (RSO). RSO is a charity organization founded in the US by Becky Douglas in 2001 and they have been helping leprosy-affected people, children of lepers, handicapped children, abandoned children and orphans in India.
RSO currently serves:
- 31 leper colonies, providing them with basic humanitarian service(e.g. food, bandages, medicines and simple treatment)
- 3 toddler homes for children aged 3-5
- a children home for the untouchables for children aged 6-18
- and is also raising fund to build a home for another 300 children.
The RSO toddler homes are in need of the following items. I have volunteered to help by collecting, packing and getting people to bring the donated item into India. Your support and contributions are much needed, our the next parcel will go to India in mid-April.
Items that we needed (gently used is fine)
- Cotton dresses with short sleeves for the girls
- Shorts and t-shirts for the boys
- Fleece or light blankets
- Teddy Bears/ Dolls – knitted or stuffed
- Beanie babies
- English Children Books (non-religious)