Monday, February 27, 2006

Beyond Knitting - Helping the Helpless in India


Will update my knitting progress soon but for now, please let me introduce you to Rising Star Outreach (RSO). RSO is a charity organization founded in the US by Becky Douglas in 2001 and they have been helping leprosy-affected people, children of lepers, handicapped children, abandoned children and orphans in India.

RSO currently serves:

The RSO toddler homes are in need of the following items. I have volunteered to help by collecting, packing and getting people to bring the donated item into India. Your support and contributions are much needed, our the next parcel will go to India in mid-April.

Items that we needed (gently used is fine)

  • Cotton dresses with short sleeves for the girls
  • Shorts and t-shirts for the boys
  • Pajamas
  • Fleece or light blankets
  • Teddy Bears/ Dolls – knitted or stuffed
  • Beanie babies
  • English Children Books (non-religious)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is definitely a worthy casue. I think I'll be able to pass you some stuff when we meet next time.

The MacKay Way said...

Thanks for sharing this! Siow Chin sent me over to see it. Perhaps I canmeet you when next in HK (March 10 & 20-23.)

handknit168 said...

First time to read yr blog. It is very great of yr baby knitting.