Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hourglass Sweater - Knit-a-longs

I swatched my red merinos last Saturday and with double strands, I got the exact gauge for the Hourglass Sweater from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. Best of all, the HGS is knitted in the round... so there will be no seaming except for the hems... hehe... Also, the hand and the slight variegation of the yarn turned out great and I am liking it more and more as it knits up... Just joined the Hourglass Knit-a-longs (my first one) and am having good fun so far.
p.s. I'm a little too anxious about the hem... and sewn it just now... it's nice and was actually very easy to do :o)

1 comment:

Krista said...

I really want to knit this sweater, but haven't had the time yet. Let me know how the yarn you choose works with that pattern. I'm looking for a Noro alternative.