Monday, November 13, 2006

A good procastination ;o)

Much depressed by the image uploading problem on blogger (Mozilla Fox apparently didn't help very much), I have been procastinating my blog post for weeks and ended up with more knitting. As usual, let's start with the FOs...
First, we have Bobbi Bear...

Pattern: Bobbi Bear by Blue Sky Alpacas
Yarn from China, 135g DK Cotton in Beige and scraps of dark brown
Needle: 5mm bamboo dpns
Gauge: 4sts per inch with yarn doubled.
Notes: Love the yarn, it's so velvety soft. The pattern is nice and seamless, but the sewing on was quite a bit challenging for me... so Bobbi ended up with a smaller left ear and a longer nose. Sorry!

* * * * *

And then we have Jasmine in her new wool jacket.

Pattern: I was inspired by this from The Yarn Girl's Guide to Kid Knits and recalculated using the set-in sleeve chart as in The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd.

Yarn: 150g of hand-dyed wool slub from China
Needle: 5mm addis circular
Gauge: 4sts per inch on st st
Notes: This single-ply yarn is warm and fluffy soft, although not quite as buttery as some of my other handspuns, especially the merinos from Israel. But this colorway is so lovely and I just have to bring some home.

By the way, I'm currently destashing... please take a look here if you're interested.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you're trying to 'thin down' your knits from your hubby, I'm trying to find some thick, chunky designs :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute fos. Knitware sounds like a very useful tool, since I like to modify most of the patterns I use.

Mimi said...

The pink bear and the colourway sweater are lovely. It's always fun to knit for little ones.
I love knitting but don't enjoy much the resizing part. The software looks to be helpful.

handknit168 said...

The pattern of Stevie is really nice. yr girl's sweater is pretty on her.

opportunityknits said...

Your FOs are so adorable. Will check out Knitware - it looks promising.

yumyumredbean said...

I think your sweater looks better then the one from the book, hehe. Nice modeling, Jasmine! I'm a sucker for stuff animals. I've been wanting to knit a Bobbie bear, too!