Dear friends, thanks for your warm messages and kind regards over the past weeks. I've not been feeling completely well and recently been diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. Besides frequent clinical visits, check ups and treatments for my symptoms, which is a severe double vision in my case, I had to spend lesser time on my computer... Well, fortunately I still can knit... Actually, my knitting has never been more important to me... especially while waiting endlessly at the clinic :o)
Using: About 350g of Worsted Cotton from China on 5mm needles
Verdict: Overall, an easy project and very wearable. I got a smaller gauge on my yarn, which is 4 sts per inch instead of 3, so I went on for the largest size. The body seems narrow while knitting up (mine measured 14" and I'm a 36") but the cables will stretch out very nicely once you put it on. Wonder if anyone has done this in the original yarn... and how the bulkier gauge will work out. By the way, I've tried but decided to do away with the crochet rows on the side seams... have also added a few short rows to lower the front necks... And now contemplating to seam up the side slits as well... ;o)
* * * * *
Alright, now let's take a look of my WIP baskets...
Baby Jacket for Jasmine - From The Yarn Girl's Guide to Kid Knits
Using: Hand-dyed Wool Slub from China
Status: I just got done with the button bands last night... Need to weave in ends and add buttons. Will show the FOs pics next time.
* * * * *
Apricot Jacket - Rebecca 27
Using: Creamy/Beige Cottons from the Yarn Stall in Causeway Bay
Status: Finished the back and supposed to be working on the fronts now...
Switched to Firefox and Blogger's image upload is not *finally* working again... hope this will last long