Thursday, March 29, 2007

Welcome to the Chaos!

Distractions when knitting can be really disastrous. I thoroughly botched the EZ baby sweater this morning out of sheer stupidity!! The body was all done last night and I was contemplating to do the sleeves in the round. My wishful mind went on to unravel the cast on stitches from the body, instead of casting on new underarm stitches and seaming them up later. But god knows how I absurdly went the wrong directions and ended up with this…


Just imagine how cursed and hopeless I was when grafting in the lace pattern proved to be an ambition impossible and I was almost ready to rip it back to the yoke. But then a little voice inside tells me not to give up yet… so I took it to the extremes....


Almost like a miracle, the "surgery" is working wondrously well and I am half way out of this dilemma as I write. Lo and behold! This really makes my day! ;o)


9 comments:

Agnes said...

OMG! That's scary! But it seems fixed now ... wish you luck ... and be careful from now on. :)

Krista said...

That's the sweetest little sweater! Good luck with the fix.

handknit168 said...

Go ahead to fix up, you are doing very well for I don't know to fix the lace, but I can fix the stitch pattern. This baby cardigan is very famous among the bloggers nowadays. Really, the pattern is very beautiful. I hope I can make for myself, an adult size.

Sue said...

Ooh I hope I dont do that when I start mine. I love the color of yours and it looks so pretty. Good luck with the repair work, and just think that soon it will be all done.

Mimi said...

I wouldn't be able to do that surgery! That's what I call determination!You must be proud of yourself! ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, this blows me away! It makes me smile just thinking that you are doing this and you even seem to be having fun along the way. You're going to feel so empowered when you're finished -- keep it up!

opportunityknits said...

You fixed it! Amazing.

Jackie said...

U are good at fixing !

Jus wondering where do u buy tat short dpn ?

yumyumredbean said...

Wow, you are amazing! Fixing lace is a nightmare for me. I'm working this same sweater arms in the round. I have a thing for seamless. I'm still a little worry about the gap at the armpit, though, not going to stop me. Let see how that goes, heheh. On another note, thanks so much for letting me take that baby book off your hands.