Well, I finally crossed my fingers and jumped over to the new blogger. The upgrade is, quite frankly, smoother and easier than I thought. I have also reorganized my sidebar for a cleaner look and made a finished object gallery at long last.
Going back to the knitting, let us begin with the wrapup for 2006. The final FO count is 22. Almost half are baby things. My fave is this pretty baby dress, and this one is undoubtfully the most worn item.
Below, are some recently finished baby socks.
On left is the Sweet Surprise socks knitted with yarn from my acid dye trial. The socks turned out pretty ok except for being slightly huge… but honestly I’ve never ripped a pair of socks that many times before even getting it right…. so I’ll bear with it. On upper right is a pair of Two-toned socks from Debbie Bliss Simply Baby, made with DB Baby Cashmerino in Lilac. The contrasting color is made by overdyeing 10g of the lilac with vermillion. On lower right is the warmest and best fitted pair, made with an Angora blend and reinforced with stretchy nylon.
The Works In Progress that are accompanying me into the New Year are a Cabled Sweater (shown above) and an out-of-sight, out-of-mind Apricot Jacket. And I have also cast on a new pair of socks for my bus trips, with some Regia Silk in Roma from Jimmy Beans... the colors didn’t worked out exactly how I've envisaged… and I finally turned to try the Jaywalker. What an ingenious pattern! These lusciously soft socks are now turning out well and growing at a good pace.
And here's a list of my future cast ons:
- Beaded Cardigan from Debbie Bliss Special Knits
- Cable and Teddy Bear Cardigan from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino Book
- Baby Smock Coat from the Debbie Bliss Simply Baby Book
- February Baby Sweater from EZ’s Knitter's Almanac
- Hourglass Sweater and Child's Placket Neck Pullover, both from Last Minute Knitted Gift
- Vintage Pink Cardigan from Interweave Spring 2005
- Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style
- And definitely more socks!!!!!