At the beginning of the new year, I think I will join in the Knit From Your Stash 2007, although I must confess that I have been hesitant at first but after going through my yarn chests and boxes this morning... I knew this is exactly what I needed.
Anyway, here are the rules, with my comments and a little twist:
Knit From Your Stash 2007:
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months. Being late is better than never... BTW, I've not bought any yarn in 2007 so I'm violating any rules here.
2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Sock yarn DOES
not count. What? You think we are made of stone? I already have a few stashbuster projects in mind, so to make sure I'll stick to my plans before buying more, I'll count these in as well.
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project.
We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time. To make up for counting the sock yarn and spinning fiber, I will allow myself one purchase for every 3 projects completed in the same category, i.e. If I made 3 pairs of socks - I can buy yarn worth for one pair. If I finished 3 sweaters, I can stock up new yarn for a sweater project.
3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Trading stash is allowed. And using the $$$ from destashing for new yarn is allowed too.
5. Spinning fiber of any sort is NOT exempt. I'm really really really running out of room so please don't tempt me to spin. I'm too easily lured.