Saturday, April 07, 2007

Finished: EZ February Baby Sweater

I was really hoping for some modelled shots
but naughty Jasmine just won't oblige...



Pattern: EZ February Baby Sweater from Knitters Almanac
Yarn: 4 balls of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora in Gray (Sh 24)
Needles/Gauge: 5mm/4sts per inch
Finished Size: Chest 25", Body Length 12.5" (Both very stretchable)
Start to finish: 20-ish ~ 31 March 2007

Modifications: None except for doing the sleeves in the round. I picked up the underarm stitches from the body, instead of casting on new ones and seaming up, so the sweater is practically seamless.

ETA: To Anonymous and others asking about my gauge - No, I didn't change the stitch count at all. But the thicker yarn works out to 4 sts/inch instead of 5 sts as per the original pattern, and changing that alone seems sufficient to fit my 18-month old. But of course, you'll also have to adjust lengthwise by 20% as you go.

This is my first EZ project, and a really pleasurable, quick knit albeit the messing up... but even that knit-fix was a part of the fun ;o)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The February Baby Sweater looks lovely! I'm inspired-- I have a 16month old niece who I'd like to make one for but am curious, did you really make NO modifications (other than the sleeves in the round)? Seems like there MUST be more stitched, etc... I'd love any guidance you can offer.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!

goodkarma said...

So cute. I love the seamlessness of your version (I knit my sleeves flat). I, too, picked up the underarm stitches and that made it easier. I do love the color you chose! Green goes well with most everything for little girls. Sweet!

handknit168 said...

It is nice and I really love the pattern. After studied the pattern, I think if I knit up to an adult size, it is a good method to pick up sleeves stitches from the body. It is more easier to measure the size.

Sue said...

Oh what a pity that Jasmine wasnt obliging this time. I hope she does a future photo shoot. I love the EZ baby cardigan and will have to start one very very soon too.

Tandi said...

What a beautiful baby sweater! I love that yarn, I'm sure it feels great.

Peggy said...

I've always loved Debbie Bliss designs (but hate the patterns). This one is really cute!